LST/HP/GS Civic League Yard of the Month Program
The Yard of the Month Program was established to recognize LST/HP/GS residents who demonstrate positive efforts in maintaining their property, thus contributing to the overall appearance of the neighborhoods. The program runs from March through December. The LST/HP/GS Civic League believes that everyone plays an important role in keeping our community beautiful.
Guidelines – Yard of the Month
- All LST/HP/GS residents are eligible to participate.
- Any resident of LST/HP/GS can nominate a residential home; membership in the Civic League is recommended, but not required. Residents may nominate their own yard or another resident’s yard. Nominations must include
- a) a photo of the yard,
- b) the address of the residence and
- c) the name of the person nominating.
If you would like to submit a nomination or have questions, please contact the webmaster
- Yard of the Month candidates will be judged on the total appearance of the exterior property and front yard as viewed from the street. Criteria for judging will be based on visual attractiveness, creativity, originality, beautification, and overall maintenance. The upkeep of the yard may reflect the efforts of the residents or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
- Awards for best Halloween decorations will be presented in October and the best Christmas/Holiday decorations will be presented in December.
- An individual street address may only win the YOTM award one time within an annual award season (March through December).
- Judging will be provided by the LST/HP/GS Civic League Board of Directors selection committee.
- All submissions are due by the 15th of each month. Certificates and signs will be distributed no later than the end of the month. Yard of the Month winners must be willing to have photos of their yard published on the LST/HP/GS Civic League website and social media. Winners will have the honor of having a beautiful Yard of the Month sign placed in their yard for the month of recognition. Finally, winners will receive a “Reward for Excellence” - format TBA.